Monday, March 21, 2011

Stop walking over the roses, stop and smell em!


Have you ever got up in the morning, walked across the floor into the bathroom, turned on the sink water and looked in the mirror and wondered , how did I get this old? I have. I am not sure if it was something that just started slowly and eventually picked up speed, all I know is somewhere along the path, I deviated and I ended up way back on the back burner. Now do not get me wrong, I love my life. I love doing what I do, and helping others and being the first person every single person I know calls when they need help, but I think I may have hit my saturation.

When I went back to school last year, I reminded myself that I was a great student, and finished my entire degree in less than 10 months. A little OCD, maybe, well probably, but none the less, it reminded me that I still have a long way to go with me. I guess I have decided that it is time for Jeff to think about Jeff, and not put myself at the end of the line anymore. Have I regretted being the person I have always been, no. Do I want to be that person anymore, no, I do not think so.

I want to do what I do, but on my terms. Radio, and a lot of it. Helping people, yes on a bigger scale. More lectures, training and me time, you bet. Does this make me a bad person, no, quite the contrary, it makes me the same person I have always been with me in the equation for once.

I seriously think all of us need a little priority adjustment. I see and know people that end up killing themselves to make their family, friends, boss and co workers happy, and so they, our friends, can have a great nights sleep and less stress. Then, they take everyone's problems home with them every single night of their life and deal with everybody else's stuff and their own problems gets put away in a box and never looked at again. This, is  great for everyone in your life, just not so much for you.These same people will say, I love what I do, I would not have it any other way. I say that is not the truth. I think we as the "GO TO" people convince ourselves that we are more important possibly, and more needed and possibly not replaceable, and all of that is not true either. We are just people that have compromised, for all the good reasons you can think of, our own lives to make everyone elses lives around us better, easier, less complicated, happier, less stressful and possibly for them, a lot better with added quality.

So am I saying that all of us fixers and "go to" people should revolt, change who we are and stop doing what we do? NO. I am saying that first of all remember that life is precious and short, enjoy it a little more for yourself, put yourself first and primary more often, learn to say NO once and a while, remember to relax and laugh and make memories, and remember that quantity of life and quality of life do not run parallel without your cooperation or your support support.

No comments:

Post a Comment