Thursday, August 7, 2008

Happy August, where have I been? Goofing off to be honest!


Wow, it has been quite a while since my last post, sorry. You know no matter what we do, where we live or what our daily situation, we all have stuff. Stuff that keeps you from getting things done that we cannot control all the way to stuff we could control that I sometimes think we use for an excuse so we do not have to do stuff. So what is it for me, a little of all of the above.


The reason I chose this subject is that over the last month I have received so many e mails about people from all over the country trying to do this and that with their health, still trying to get their New Years resolutions started, and we are now in August.


I guess what I am trying to say is procrastination is everywhere and that if you are guilty of this new American past time, you are in the best possible company around. The smartest, most intelligent and talented people everywhere have fallen privy to this new hobby.


So what should we all do about this quandary that has so many of us in it's hold, I mean procrastination? Chill out, take some time to look at the things you are putting off, as they might just be things that never ever really need to be focused on. They may also be things that do need immediate attention and possibly looking at these in a newer light may be all that is needed to see that attention is needed. Some may have been ideas or maybe badly set unattainable crazy goals that were set out of desperation or foolishness, and when reevaluating them, you may see that taking them off the list would be wise.


I think we as Americans have the best intentions of any country I know of, and we really do have the most passion about our intentions. I think we just lose a little momentum or end up, after they are set trying everything possible to find excuses not to achieve them. I think we also have the ultimate problem of putting them in motion along the way.


So what is the real moral of this story? I think we all need to chill out a little and possibly retake another look at these goals.We might also want to complete a few of those undone tasks no matter what they may be, you might just end up a lot healthier, more in shape, and possibly feel a lot more motivated once a few are checked off the list....

No comments:

Post a Comment