Sunday, March 6, 2011

Looking out..

I have spent a lot of time in the hospital with my Mom recently, and I guess I am seeing things differently a little every day. First of all, it is such a factory in the hospital and going through emergency room, it is timing as to who gets seen first and the best care, and the quickest. I understand that they are overworked and the stress level is intense, and just the personal dodging of diseases and sickness day in and day out is a lot for me to comprehend.

No matter who you are, your intelligence, background or even you medical or nutritional expertise, you become a number when you are in the hospital, You are at the hand of others who will get to you when they can, or sometimes when they want to. Frustrating, and utterly such high stress levels and emotional overload, I am not sure if I was the one in the bed , if I could handle it.

I was looking out the window look at all the cars driving by, the world going on around us, and people just doing what they do every day. I wondered how many people, as they were driving by, were thinking of the people grasping for life and trying to get healthy enough to just go home and become the ones driving by again. I thought, why is the world going on around us like nothing was happening? It was then I realized that I drive by this hospital frequently, and have never really thought about it either.

Life is short, and most people are just trying to get through the day. The people in here are trying to get home, and all of us, in our own way, are just trying to stay healthy enough and not be in the hospital..


No comments:

Post a Comment