Sunday, November 2, 2008

Zoom Zoom Zoom goes the year


Amazingly another year has slipped by us and as the holidays slip on by we will be at the doors of another night of New Years Eve resolutions. Can you believe it is that time again? I seriously do not know where the year went. I am still trying to figure out whether it is because I am older and life is zooming by, or that I have way too much going on and I am just forgetting to smell the roses, Hell, I do not even know where the flowers are any more.

It seems like it was just a few years ago when I wishing to be older so I could be treated like an adult and people would stop referring to me as a child. Now as I am approaching, excuse me while I swallow, 50, all I want to do is go back to being a kid. To a time when the only deadline in my life was a paper on a book I was supposed to read. When doing chores was something I hated but when they were done I could have fun. When the countdown of time was for Christmas and summer vacation alone and nothing else. How do we go from the simpler times to where we are as adults.

Bills, deadlines, mortgages, shopping, car payments, insurance, upkeep of houses, clothing and our own personal up keep as well. Making payments on everything and trying to meet that someone special in what seems to be a world of people would act like someone different because they themselves have gotten lost in the translation, if you will. We are all in a hurry to keep up with the Jone's, and we do not even know who the Jone's are. People are driving cars they cannot afford, wearing clothes they should not be wearing and living a lifestyle that has us in a hurry to go know where quick.

I guess I am at the point where I say enough!! It is time for friends and a slower lifestyle. A time to be ourselves and be with the people who accept us for who we are. To be doing the things we really enjoy, and living the life that actually makes us happy. When we all stop acting like we are better than everyone around us and just be happy we are not alone. A handful of incredible true to life friends is worth a hundred acquaintances who in an emergency would never be there when we really needed them.

A back to basics philosophy. Basic food and nothing crazy, basic nutrition, good quality that covers all the basis. A career that you enjoy getting up for every day and do not hate the entire day you work at it. Pets, yes pets, we all need them as they are the key to unconditional love. Pets have the right idea. They never see us being overweight or out of shape, or never see us on a bad hair day as anything than the one that loves them. They do not care if we are the president of a company, or the person that drives the president around. Love that is always there every night when you get home and every morning when you leave. Pets have it right, simple ideals, simple lives and they get to sleep all day waiting for their special person to walk through the door.

Remember, when you think you are in overload with hundreds of things to do write them down and prioritize. You will find that out of that list of a hundred things, only a few are actually pressing to be done today. We all just get so far turned around and the plate is so full that we lose the state of reality and cannot see clearly. So stop, take a breath and ask yourself some questions, just a few, but I guarantee they will make you say hmmmmm.


1) Do I like my chosen career?

2) Are my friends there when I need them, and am I there when they need me?

3) Do I like myself unconditionally, and if not why?

4) Am I the kind of person I would want for a friend?

5) Do I take care of myself?

6) Am I as healthy as I can be?

7) Am I doing anything I set out to do when I was younger with dreams? If no, why?

8) Is my relationship healthy, if not why am I in it?

9) Do I spend my day pleasing my self, or spend it worrying about pleasing others?
10) Have I ever had unconditional love, if no get a pet?
I was just reminded by someone special that I forgot something very important, I am amazed I could forget something so important to me.
11) Have you laughed today alone or with a friend, if not, look in a mirror. I feel laughing at ourselves is the BEST MEDICINE AROUND!

No comments:

Post a Comment