Thursday, August 23, 2007

Smell the roses


Today a new poll came out that said Americans are among the unhealthiest people in the world. Really, where have you people been, this has been common knowledge for years. I was hoping that all of those unhealthy people that heard the first poll years ago might have made changes and the new poll would have been better. Wishful thinking on my part.

The technology is advancing at a speed of light pace. I bought a laptop six weeks ago. I am sorry to say my car was vandalized and I had to purchase a new one, and in just six weeks the model I bought which was the top of the line was already discontinued. How can that happen in six short weeks? I am amazed that people have the focus of advancing technology so quickly. I mean we have faster computers and cellular phones that do everything except hold conversations for us, but we remain unhealthy and falling apart at the seams.So why I ask can we not figure better ways to motivate people to WANT to stay healthy and make better choices? When do we start to shift our priorities for even for a little while? Long enough hopefully to just get the focus of everyone long enough to get our bodies, mind and spirits back on track and headed in the right direction. Long enough to get a good look at where we are and where we may be heading if change is not made immediately.

This might be the way to get a grip if you will. To see that we have absorbed a way of looking at things and prioritizing in a way that leaves our own bodies and our physical and mental health far away from our focus.
Maybe the next generation will establish barriers and boundaries that focus on themselves first and everything else second and third on the list. If you really think about it, the more we focus on our health, the better everything else in our life will go.


Prospering and benefiting and getting the most out of this short time we are here really does start at home. It needs to be the first thing we think of everyday and the last thing we think of before bed. I am sure that if we would focus more we would have so much more to be thankful for. I have heard so many times in my life from people everywhere that they wish they would have taken better care of themselves.


So do like they say, stop and smell the roses, stop walking over them or on them or just walking by and ignoring them. Oh, and remember to water them..................

No comments:

Post a Comment