Saturday, September 1, 2007

September already


So here we are in September and I am starting my second year of blogging already. It has been an interesting year for me as I am doing things that I never thought I would do. After running my own stores for so many years and being within those four walls everyday, and loving it, I am now out in the field and the walls are down.

I am able to do what I love most which is train and inform and lecture and learn more myself about nutrition. As I visit different stores and meet different people around the country I always ask them about the people they work with. The most amazing thing is that no matter where I go or whom I speak with, the answers and the profiles are always the same. No matter where I am, what demographics, sex, religion or race or even age, most people all have the same concerns. What does differ in some areas is the actual motivation that people have to make these wishes or changes come true.

I am not sure if this is a geographic thing as it seems many people that are in larger cities seem to be more interested or health oriented, I guess it just comes down to the fact that we either are motivated or we are not. I have learned that most everyone does want to be healthy. Everybody does want to get off medications, live longer, look better, and have more energy and be able to deal better with stress. I feel that if there was an across the board thing that everybody does want, it would be to be more energetic and possibly happier and not so depressed.

What I see everyday are people running around in circles basically in a hurry to go nowhere quickly. Sweating the insignificant small meaningless stuff and focusing way too much on their careers and their jobs and forgetting to live and enjoy all they work for everyday. I am not saying to screw up on the job, I am saying to do it and do it well, and then go home and enjoy yourself your families and your friends as life is way too short.

A healthy life is attained by focusing and getting back to basics,the things that would make the largest percentage of benefit to everyone. Basics meaning eating a little better and making better food choices and drinking a little more water.Try focusing on getting more sleep, learning to relax, being more consistent with exercise and taking your supplements, and maybe the best thing, try not to take life too seriously. Learn from your mistakes but then laugh at your self for knowing better in the first place. Try to attain your goals no matter how small they are, and never let anyone keep you from those goals, and then focus on the number one thing to do for better mental and physical health and a better quality life, slow down and enjoy it! You know, smell the flowers and stop walking on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment