Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A day of loss for all who knew my friend.


Most of you that know me know I tend to wear my emotions on my sleeve. You also know that when you are in my life, you are in my life. If you are my friend and or family I will go to the mat forever no questions asked. Relationships like these are important and heartfelt, they are some of the things we should be grateful for, and also I, in my heart am grateful for all of my close relationships every single day.

When we lose a link of this very important chain, it almost seems as if our world stops spinning for a while. Like a large piece of heart and soul is taken away and we are supposed to continue as if nothing happened. Impossible for me, I am too close to all of my special people and too grateful for them to feel whole after such a loss for a very long time.

I lost someone on Saturday that was a very important part and vital relationship in my life. Although his fight with cancer has been going on for just under four years, and he was in a forth stage situation when it started, the reality, although in front of us for so long never really seemed to be a possibility. Mel always had this effervescent personality, almost too big to be in a small room, and immortality, if you will that seemed like it could never be taken away, nor his flame that burned so bright ever be extinguished.

Mel Rich was a mentor, a teacher, a friend, a father to many of us, a leader in the field, and an individual whose visions helped to develop the products many of you use everyday. Products we rely on due to the quality and expertise that is used and the love and research that were put into them, this is why we will continue to take these supplements everyday and will continue to long into the future.
Mel was known to all as an innovator and leader in the field. His reputation preceded him everywhere, and I may say when you talked about Mel, ears perked up everywhere in every situation. When it came to quality and being able to create greatness in the nutrition field Mel was there, right in front leading the crusade for products that are life changing, health creating, and high quality. Making these products was not just a desire for Mel, it was the thing that drove him as well as his mission statement, and we were all the healthier for them, and for him.

I will personally miss his laughter, his zest for life, his shoulder, his appreciation and the talks and chats when I needed them most in my life. I will cherish all the memories that I have of him and I am sure more of them will come back to the memory front, ones I might have temporarily forgotten, but great memories that will come back to me as I think of him in the future.

A loss for all who knew him, and also those who did not have the distinct pleasure of meeting him or knowing this great man.

Mel, I will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment