Friday, March 23, 2007

Time slips by


I am looking outside my window right now and the trees are blooming, the air is warm and night time is upon me. My favorite time of the day actually. The time of the day when all is settling down, but also the time of the day when you realize that you finished absolutely nothing that you had on your list.


I often wonder how us, meaning myself, can be so organized to the world. You know the person that seems to get so much done in a day. I do admit, I have always been the person that can get everything done in a day and run circles around everyone. The secret behind the scene is that I am a list checker. I love getting things done and seeing things that need to be done, and doing them.


The problem is that people like me forget to do thepersonal things we need to do. We have a tendency to put ourselves on the back burner and push away things that need immediate attention because we are more in the mode of doing stuff for everyone else. I guess this is good for everyone around us that is connected to us because they get the benefit of out hyper ness and fast paced get it done personalities, but sometimes we suffer because of our lack of priorities.


So as I sit here and look out the window tonight I realize that it is almost April and I am still focusing on my New Years resolution and have decided it is time to initiate that into a work in progress, and start focusing on ME ME ME. Not an easy thing to do for someone who spends way too much time not thinking about all of the me things, but I will give it a go and take some more B Complex for the stress I will certainly be putting on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment