Saturday, September 2, 2006

Mother Nature

I get more and more amazed how our minds and bodies change these days. I remember when I was growing up and I would would hear people complaining about their aches and pains, and I would think wow, they are getting old. They would always say, just wait and see, you will wake up one day and all will be different.

It is the craziest thing, you wake up one day and find yourself sitting on the bed taking a few minutes to collect yourself in the morning before getting up. You know, hitting the snooze alarm four or five times. Having to drink three cups of coffee to get going.I hear so many people talk about how there was a time when they could drop ten pounds in a weekend when they were younger, and now it takes almost two months. There was a time when we could eat anything we wanted and now we have to be careful or we are up all night with gas and heartburn. Remember when you wanted to go out and party all night, and then get no sleep and you could still function perfectly, now if you do not get your sleep you are a zombie all day long.

Do you notice you find yourself looking at the younger generation trying to figure out why they act like they do,and why are they so loud and immature,when you know we were all the same way when we were younger. What is so strange that we are turning into our parents, the sad thing is we are turning into our parents when they were 60, and we are only 40, something is not right here.

Many of these things are just a fact of getting older and more mature. I find that those of us that are willing to push the time barrier, and not lay around and let moss grow on us, and those of us who are not ready to give in to mother nature can slow down the time clock a little. I think the key to all of this is the word moderation. Eat a little better, exercise a little more, get a little more sleep, take your vitamins a little more consistently, also take time to play and enjoy life a little more and do not live only for the job, if you do, you will add to the revenge of mother nature, and have alot of coulda shoulda wouldas later in life. Hind sight really is twenty twenty, I mean I already find myself saying I should have listened to that little voice, and I should have know better.

They say that you are just older now, it heals slower, you recover slower, you are not what you used to be, well I say fooey to those people because they may have given in to aging and want us to join them.

The key to healthy vitality is getting our butts out of those perfectly made dents we have made in our couches.

No comments:

Post a Comment